How to travel with a PDF ticket
A PDF ticket gives you the option to download the ticket yourself and take it with you on the train. You can choose to print the ticket on paper or keep it on your mobile phone, tablet or PC.
What you must be aware of once you have purchased a PDF ticket:
- The conductor will check your ticket against a valid ID. It is therefore important that you enter the correct name/s of the person/s travelling. Children accompanied by an adult are not required to show ID.
- Once you have entered the name/s and clicked on 'Save' you may choose to download the ticket from nsb.no or have it sent as an attachment via e-mail. It is important to note that once this is done it will not be possible to change the name/s of the passenger/s.
- If you were logged in with your profile when you purchased your ticket, you may choose to download the ticket from 'My purchases' on your profile at any time, providing the ticket has not been previously downloaded from another location.
- You may choose yourself whether to print the ticket or store it on your telephone, tablet or PC. It must be possible for the conductor on the train to read the ticket and the QR code must be clear enough to be scanned.
- If you have not downloaded your PDF ticket, you may still collect your ticket from a ticket machine or the NSB app, if you wish.
If you have any queries or require help downloading a ticket, please contact our Call Centre on 815 00 888/ alternatively (+47) 23 62 00 00. Press 9 for information in English